Windshields have been modified completely to enhance the safety of cars. It can be difficult to travel from one destination to another with particles coming onto you while driving. But windshields have many more diverse roles than just protecting save from debris and wind. Therefore, windshields are designed with advanced crash dynamics making vehicles safer.
While replacing or installing the windshield one must make sure that the right methods and adhesives are used by the installers. Any minor error in the process could lead to a badly placed glass that will endanger your life.
Applications of urethane adhesive:
- Bonding windshields, backlights, quarter glass and other stationary glass
- Other uses of urethane adhesive includes attaching the hardware to glass and back filling to install reveal mouldings
Benefits of urethane adhesive:
- It meets all long-term durability requirements
- No heating required – It is ready to use
- It is 3 to 50 times stronger than older adhesives
- Urethane bonds well with smooth surfaces like glass and rougher surfaces like automotive metals and paints
- It is UV, chemical and water resistant
- It has a tensile strength in automotive applications
- Urethane has a lap shear strength in automotive applications
- Urethane is non-conductive – reducing electrical interference
It is important to use the best quality adhesives while getting your windshield replaced. Windshield Experts provide assistance to use good quality windshield adhesives for any replacement or repair. Contact Windshield Experts on their toll-free number-1800-102-6364 or 09818866364, for any assistance in case of car adhesives.