At Windshield Experts, we do not think of replacements as the first course of action. In fact, it is kept as the last option, to be considered only when the driver and passengers’ safety is threatened. If the windshield has sustained minor damage like a chip or a crack, our team of experts would advocate repair rather than replacement.
That said, we do believe that repair should be carried out sooner rather than later, before the damage spreads further and reaches the extent where you have no other choice but to replace the windshield. Therefore, regardless of how small the damage might appear to your eyes, it’s important to get in touch with our centralized call center, so that corrective measures can be taken immediately.
Some of the cracks that can be repaired are as follows:
- Star break: The star break has cracks of various lengths and width radiating from the point of contact
- Half moon: The half moon shows a half circle separation around the point of impact
- Bull's eye: It features a separated core in the outer glass, a circular break with pit in the center.
- Clover leaf: The clover leaf crack can involve separation of the under-layer.
- Bee's wing: The bee’s wing is similar to the star break crack.
- Combination break: As the name suggests, this is a combination of different kinds of cracks.
There are various reasons why repair is a far better option than replacement. To begin with, it’s more convenient. The entire process takes only a few minutes. Then, there is the cost angle. Repair will undoubtedly be cheaper than replacement and it also goes towards saving your No Claim Bonus. Finally, it is also safer, since the glass is never removed, thereby maintaining the original seal.
Click here to check the permitted zones of repair as well as the types of cracks that can be repaired. If you’d like to know more about automobile glass repair or replacement, feel free to get in touch with us. We’ll be more than happy to help you in any way we can.