Understand Why All Windshield Chips Are Not Repaired Equally
Windshield damage can be one of two types – a chip or a crack. The type and shape of the damage, along with its location will determine whether to go for windshield repair or windshield replacement. A windshield chip occurs when a rock, gravel or debris hits the glass at a high speed, resulting in a small damaged spot where the glass has ‘flaked off’. An exposed chip becomes a home for dirt accumulation, makes the glass susceptible to pressure damage, and becomes harder to repair with the passage of time. Let us look at some common types of car glass chips, and what factors to consider when charting the course of action to repair crack in windshield.
- Chip Pit
- Bull’s eye Chip
- Half-moon Chip
- Combination Break
- OEM Windshield: Important Facts to Know
- Damaged Front Car Glass Windshield: Know Why Only Experts Should Fix It!
- Top Five Questions To Ask Before Autoglass Windscreen Replacement
- Tips To Save Money On Broken Ertiga Front Windshield Glass
- Why you should never take a DIY approach when replacing Honda Amaze Windshield Glass