Understand Why All Windshield Chips Are Not Repaired Equally
Windshield damage can be one of two types – a chip or a crack. The type and shape of the damage, along with its location will determine whether to go for windshield repair or windshield replacement. A windshield chip occurs when a rock, gravel or debris hits the glass at a high speed, resulting in a small damaged spot where the glass has ‘flaked off’. An exposed chip becomes a home for dirt accumulation, makes the glass susceptible to pressure damage, and becomes harder to repair with the passage of time. Let us look at some common types of car glass chips, and what factors to consider when charting the course of action to repair crack in windshield.
- Chip Pit
- Bull’s eye Chip
- Half-moon Chip
- Combination Break
- How to Maintain Your Car’s Headlights: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Bharat NCAP vs Global NCAP: How Safe Are Indian Cars?
- Mastering the Art of Defrosting: Effectively Utilizing Your Car’s Defroster
- DIY vs Professional: Windshield Replacement for Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Sunroof vs Moonroof: Understanding the Distinctions