Car back glass maintenance tips to prevent heat and sun damage
With the summer getting hotter each year, we must learn to adapt and ensure that we’re taking the right steps to protect our belongings. This holds true for your car windshield and back glass as well. While you may maintain the windshield often, the car back glass is often a part of the vehicle that is ignored.
This doesn’t have to be the case anymore! Just keep reading to know how you can maintain the car back glass to prevent damage from the sun and heat.
Maintenance tips for the car back glass
Here are a few tips you can try:
- Never park in direct sunlight: One of the most important things that you can do to prevent damage to the car back glass is to avoid parking in the direct sunlight. Of course, you cannot always control whether you’ll find the perfect parking spot each time you head out in your car, but when we you start the ignition before starting, roll down glass & drive for a kilometer before you start the AC
- Make sure you’re paying attention to cracks: When the windshield gets cracked, we rush to the nearest garage to get the same repaired. However, how many of us pay attention to the back glass? Small cracks and chips may go unnoticed, or ignored, for a long time, leading to further damage. This damage can be exacerbated by the heat and sun. The best approach here would be to take it for car glass repairs immediately.
- Only use high-quality cleaning supplies: Did you know that the cleaning supplies you’re using can be harmful to your car’s glass? If the cleaning liquid is an ammonia based liquid, or you’re using an abrasive cloth to clean the glass, the glass can be damaged quite badly. The last thing you need is poor visibility while driving. So, make sure you’re only using the best products to clean the glass on the car.
- Change the wiper frequently: Some car back glasses come with a wiper that can be used during the rainy season. When this wiper is not replaced on a regular basis, it can damage the glass. The best approach here would be to get the wiper replaced on a regular basis.
- Only work with professionals: One of the most important things you can do is head down to a professional garage to get your needs met. Whether its car windshield replacement or car back glass replacement, AIS Windshield Experts is the best place to go to.
Don’t know where the nearest AIS Windshield Experts garage is? Just click here to find out!
A Guide to Car Glass Replacement and Maintenance
Automotive Glass Replacement – A Comprehensive Guide
Everything you need to know about car glass replacement!
Car Glass Replacement – when is it necessary?
Best Approach to WindShield Glass Replacement