How does one repair windshield cracks?
What should you do when a windshield is cracked?When your windshield gets cracked due to any of the reasons mentioned above, the first thing you should do is assess the damage and call experts. There is a very long and arduous process that must be followed to repair windshield cracks, and you should leave it to the professionals to get the job done. Find the nearest AIS Windshield Experts and take your car to the garage so that the windshield can be repaired on time. If you feel that it is unsafe to drive the car, then you can always contact the professionals at AIS Windshield Experts and ask them to send someone to pick the car up.
How will the professionals repair windshield cracks?At AIS Windshield Experts, we follow a standard protocol to repair windshield cracks and make sure that this part of the car is stable. Some of the steps followed when we start to repair windshield cracks are:
- The professionals will start by assessing the level of damage to the windshield. When there are small cracks or chips, the professionals will repair windshield cracks and send the car back to you. However, when there are large cracks, then the professionals may elect to replace the entire windshield as it is too damaged to be fixed.
- Any broken pieces of glass that may be around the crack will be removed by the professionals at our garage. Once that is done, the area will be cleaned to make sure that smaller pieces that may be invisible to the naked eye are not left behind.
- A material known as resin is then poured into the chipped or cracked area. The resin is allowed to settle into the gap and then is left to be cured. Cured means that the resin becomes hard and sets. It cannot be moved by hand once this happens.
- The cured resin is then rubbed with special chemicals to make the area smoother. The goal is to make sure that it does not look like there was ever any crack in the area.
- The entire pane is cleaned to make sure that it is spotless before the car is sent back to the owner.
How is a windshield replaced?When a chip or crack is too large to be fixed, our professionals may recommend a full windshield replacement. During this process, the whole windshield is taken out, along with its frame. At AIS Windshield Experts, we only use high-quality AIS glass to carry out the replacement so that there are no compromises on visibility or safety. To know more about how you can repair windshield cracks, all you need to do is click here.
Is Back Windscreen Replacement Really Important?
Finding The Best Windshield Replacement Company In Delhi
Front Windshield Glass Replacement Aftercare Tips To Follow
Why Hire AIS Windshield Experts for Car Windshield Replacement?
Why Opt for OEM Windshield Glass for Front Glass Replacement