A car’s windshield is one of its most vulnerable parts. It is also one of its most valuable parts. Apart from keeping the wind, dust, and pollution away, it also provides structural support to the car’s roof. This makes it very important to undertake immediate repairs and replacement when the car front screen is damaged. There are a few important dos and don’ts to keep in mind after you have undertaken to replace the car’s windshield.
- One of the most things that a vehicle owner should remember when going in for windshield replacement is chosen experts for the job. Glass repair and windshield replacement require experience and expertise, and this is certainly a job for the experts.
- Windshield Experts service centres are best equipped to advise you about the type of glass to use for windshield replacement. OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) glass is the best option. Do not opt for inexpensive aftermarket glass as it may be of lower quality and may leave the car vulnerable to further damage.
- Our experts will also be using urethane adhesive to fix the new glass to the car. This Urethane is a type of resin that requires a few hours to cure (dry and solidify fully). One of the greatest mistakes you could make is to hurry the experts. The experts will advice you about the best time for you to drive the car away.
- After windshield replacement, it is important to get a thorough vacuuming of the car to ensure that small shards and glass pieces of the old, damaged car glass are not left behind. We ensure this as a part of our service. You are advised to ensure that the technicians vacuum your car.
- Before you leave the car windshield replacement expert it is important that you get the wipers checked and replaced if required. It is important to recalibrate the electrical lines and sensors that are connected to the windshield as well.
- As you drive the car away, it is important that you leave the car windows open for a while to allow the urethane adhesive completely.
- Post replacement care means that the car must now be parked overnight in a shaded, indoor garage. This will protect the newly replaced glass from falling branches, rain, and dipping nighttime temperatures.
- It is important to keep the car away from high-pressure car washes and wax treatments or detailing for at least 24 hours after the windshield replacement process.
- It is also important to use high-quality windshield maintenance products in the days following the windshield replacement. While slightly expensive, they will prevent you from incurring the windshield replacement cost repeatedly.