What happens during a Toyota Etios Liva Windshield Replacement?
Category: Windshield Replacement
Your windshield is not just a glass panel that helps deliver a clear view of the road ahead. In fact, it plays a significant role in maintaining the structural integrity of your car, keeping the passengers inside the cabin safe from external forces. So, in case your car has a shattered, cracked, or even a chipped windshield, it is recommended to get a windshield replacement as soon as possible!
If you are looking around to get a Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement, you might have a lot of questions in mind. This includes whether the replacement process would be complicated or not. Well, to give you peace of mind, no, it’s not! It’s simple and takes only a couple of hours. Other crucial questions are how the replacement would be carried out, how would I know whether the new windshield has been tightly secured or not, and where can I get the best Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement done?
Here is a comprehensive guide to help you find the answers to all of your questions regarding the windshield replacement process:
How would the Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement process get carried out?
Here is a brief point-by-point overview of how the replacement process would look like in a garage:
- To ensure that the rear-view mirrors, wipers, and rubber gasket do not get damaged, the first step during the Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement process would be to remove all of these fittings. This makes way for optimal safety and protection of the car.
- As and when the items surrounding the windshield get removed, the second step would be to remove the urethane seal with the help of a knife. The logic behind removing the urethane seal is to make sure that the broken windshield can get removed without any safety hazard.
- Once the urethane seal has been cut off, the next step would involve the professionals removing the windshield itself. However, if extra urethane is found in the frame after the windshield has been removed, then the additional layer would have to be removed before proceeding to the next step.
- The fourth step in the Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement process is to lay out a fresh layer of urethane. This is a crucial step, as it would determine whether the new windshield has been tightly fixed or not.
- New urethane has a tendency to dry out within a few minutes. Hence, the professionals at the garage would make their way to affix the new windshield within a few minutes.
- After these five steps have been completed seamlessly, the experts would tape the new windshield at the corners. This is done primarily to make sure that the replacement does not get loose and move around when the urethane is drying. Don’t worry about the tape tarnishing the look of your car, as it is only a temporary measure. You can remove it once the Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement process has concluded.
- Finally, after the urethane has dried off, the seventh step would be the experts reinstalling the rear-view mirrors, wipers, and rubber gasket that were removed at the beginning of the process.
Hence, these seven steps are a must to ensure that the Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement has been performed flawlessly.
How would I know whether my Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement has been tightly secured or not?
Well, if the windshield replacement process has been carried out perfectly, there is no chance of any fault. But exceptions are always there, and it is ideal to be aware of the indications that show whether the replacement has been tightly secured or not. Here are a few indications that you must look out for:
- In case you hear whooshing sounds while driving when the windows are up, it means the windshield replacement process was not carried out efficiently.
- If you notice water seeping in from the sides or the edges of the windshield, it means the windshield is loose from around the corners, and the replacement was not done carefully.
- Hearing rattling sounds from the windshield while driving is another major indication that shows the windshield has not been secured tightly.
Where can I get the best Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement done?
Drive your car down to Windshield Experts, a subsidiary of AIS Glass, if you are looking for quality and assurance in windshield replacement. With decades worth of experience and a team of experts that know anything and everything about windshields, we can help you get your Toyota Etios Liva windshield replacement done in little to no time! In case you have a severely shattered windshield and can’t drive it down to our shop, we also offer home pick up services.
OEM vs. Aftermarket Windshields: All You Need To Know
Common Honda Amaze Windshield Problems and How to Avoid Them?
The Difference Between Windshield Glass and the Other Glass in Your Car
How Much Does a New Windshield Replacement Cost?
The Cost of Windshield Replacement: How to Budget for It