What is the process for Car Windshield Replacement?
When your windshield gets a crack in it, it's very important to take it for car windshield replacement. This is because when such cracks are not tended to in time, they can cause a lot of harm as they can impact your overall visibility while driving. Of course, such health hazards should be avoided at all costs, which is why you should go ahead with the car windshield replacement as soon as possible.
Contrary to what the name may suggest, car windshield replacement doesn’t always involve the entire replacement of the windshield - sometimes, if there’s just a small chip on the windscreen, an efficient mechanic can simply fix the same and send you on your way. While this may seem like a more convenient option to you, you should not take the call to opt for a simple repair over a car windshield replacement on your own. This is only something that a professional mechanic can decide after looking at your windscreen.
To put your mind at ease, we’ve discussed what you can expect during a complete car windshield replacement and a simple repair, so that you can plan your schedule accordingly.
What happens during a car windshield repair?
A car windshield repair is a process that is undertaken only when there are small chips on the windscreen. More importantly, this is only done when a mechanic confirms that the damage is not likely to spread all over the windshield.
In order to repair a small crack, a mechanic will basically fill the chipped area with a material that imitates glass. This material is known as resin. It will be poured into the small chip and then left to dry. The final look will not be noticeable at all - and you won’t be able to tell that the windscreen ever had a crack on it.
What happens during a full-fledged car windshield replacement?
A car windshield replacement takes longer than a simple repair, and this is because there are more steps for the mechanic to complete. Here’s what you can expect during a car windshield replacement:
- A mechanic will first clean the areas around the crack to make sure that any tiny, dislodged pieces of glass are out of the way. This can prevent accidents when the entire windscreen is taken off.
- Once the glass is cleaned superficially, the mechanic will remove all the important components that secure the windshield to the car such as the frame and the rubber gasket. The wipers will also be removed to prevent any damage.
- The windshield will then be removed from the frame.
- A fresh windshield from a reputed company will be placed into the frame.
- All the other components of the windshield will then be added back in the right order.
Once these steps are carried out, the mechanic will then perform a few simple checks to see whether the car windshield replacement has been done properly. This is because an incorrectly placed windshield can cause as much harm as a cracked one, as it can increase the risk of damage to the glass while driving.
- Once the car windshield replacement is done, the mechanic will check to see whether the glass is fitted correctly. To do this, he/she might drizzle water over the glass to see if any droplets are leaking into the interiors. If they are, then it means that there is a gap between the glass and the frame.
- Similarly, after the car windshield replacement, the mechanic might also take the car out for a test drive to check if there is any whooshing sound while driving. The sound can also indicate that there is a gap between the glass and the frame.
Once these checks are done, the car windshield replacement will be officially complete. You will be given a receipt attesting to the same.
We are the leading name when it comes to efficient and quick car windshield replacements. As we have multiple garages all over India, you should be able to locate the one nearest to you quite easily through our website. Bring your car in today for timely and proper car windshield replacement.
Tips for Finding Reliable Wagon R Glass Replacement Services in Noida
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Mahindra XUV 500 Glass Replacement
Explore the Hyundai Creta’s Glass Replacement Cost Factors
7 Factors to Consider When Replacing Your Swift Dzire Front Glass
OEM vs. Aftermarket Windshields: All You Need To Know